Please login to order a test.
K078-IgE Ethylene Oxide
Expected Turnaround Time
3 - 4 days
Turnaround time is defined as the usual number of days from the date of pickup of a specimen for testing to when the result is released to the ordering provider. In some cases, additional time should be allowed for additional confirmatory or additional reflex tests. Testing schedules may vary.
Red-top tube or gel-barrier tube
Detect possible allergic responses to various substances in the environment such as animals, antibiotics, foods, grasses, house dust, mites, insects, insulin, molds, smuts, trees, and weeds; evaluate hay fever, asthma, atopic eczema, and respiratory allergy.
Quantitative allergen-specific IgE test is indicated:
• To determine if a patient has elevated allergen-specific IgE antibodies;
• If specific allergic sensitivity is needed to allow immunotherapy to be initiated;
• When testing patients for agents that may potentially cause anaphylaxis;
• When evaluating patients who are taking medications (eg, long-acting antihistamines) that interfere with other testing modalities (eg, skin testing);
• If immunotherapy or other therapeutic measures based on skin testing results have not led to a satisfactory remission of symptoms;
• When patient is unresponsive to medical management where identification of offending allergens may be beneficial.
Thermo Fisher ImmunoCAP®
|Order Code||Order Code Name||Order Loinc||Result Code||Result Code Name||UofM||Result LOINC|
|650069||K078-IgE Ethylene Oxide||6112-7||602444||Class Description||N/A|
|650069||K078-IgE Ethylene Oxide||6112-7||602666||K078-IgE Ethylene Oxide||kU/L||6112-7|