Labcorp makes a variety of payment options available to patients, helping you better prepare for laboratory services. If you need additional assistance, call us at 800-845-6167.
Labcorp will file claims directly to Medicare, Medicaid, and many insurance companies and managed care plans. Before you have lab tests performed, please make sure:
- Your insurance information is up to date.
- Your insurance company accepts claims from Labcorp.
Once your insurer has processed your claim, you will receive an explanation of benefits (EOB) from your insurer informing you of the amount it will pay for your laboratory services.
- The EOB is not an invoice, but it may indicate that a balance remains which is your responsibility. That balance may include your copayment, deductible, or other costs outlined in your terms of coverage. If you have a question about your EOB or your terms of coverage, contact your insurance company.
- Your insurer will inform Labcorp about any balance you owe, and we will send you a bill for that amount.
- If you are covered by more than one insurance plan, your primary insurer will process your claim first, and then any remaining balance will be billed to the secondary insurer. If a balance that is your responsibility remains after the secondary insurer has paid its portion of the claim, Labcorp will send you a bill for the balance due.
If you do not have insurance or your health care benefits do not cover clinical laboratory testing services, you will have to pay for the tests performed by Labcorp before specimen collection services are performed.
- Certain routine tests are available at discounted prices through the LabAccess Partnership Program. To take advantage of this program, you must have your specimen collected at a Labcorp patient service center, and you must pay for your test in full at the time of service.
- An automated payment collection process is available at many of our patient service centers, as well as certain doctor’s offices where a phlebotomist (person who performs blood draws) is on site to perform specimen collection services for Labcorp.
- We accept cash, personal checks, and all major credit cards.
Labcorp offers programs to address those patients who have true financial needs, including:
- Patient-specific payment plans
- Special payment plans for financial hardship
- Indigent request from physician/facility
- LabAccess Partnership program
Please call us at 800-845-6167 for more information about these programs. For more information about patient billing and payment information, view our PDF.
Sign and Go Preauthorized Credit Card Option
Labcorp makes it easy for you to pay any balance you may owe as a result of the laboratory services you will receive. Just present your credit card or health savings account (HSA) card when you check in for your specimen collection. You’ll be able to simply and securely approve a charge to your account that will only be made if a balance remains after your insurance company has processed your claim.
For more information about Sign and Go, view our patient information PDF.