Help employees take control of their health
Throughout the pandemic, wearing real pants and getting haircuts weren't the only things we put off. Basic health appointments and yearly exams got rescheduled, and even our routine care that catches things as serious as cancer got put on hold. Biometric screenings can help employees get back on track with their health.
Catching Up on Routine Health Care
As the pandemic moves into its third year, people have been finding their way back to gathering with family and friends, figuring out ways to safely navigate what's become the new normal.
Now is the perfect time to provide your employees with biometric screenings.
Routine Healthcare and the Pandemic: Did You Know?
- One in five adults in the U.S. reported they experienced delayed care during the COVID-19 pandemic. 1
- Of those who reported delayed care, 57% said they experienced negative health consequences.1
- In one survey, 70% of participants reported experiencing nonfinancial barriers such as difficulty getting an appointment, finding a physician or accessing the clinic or hospital where care would be provided.1
Given these challenges, health screenings can provide a lifesaving benefit for your employees. They’re the key to prevention, early detection, and better management of ongoing health issues. Help your employees focus on staying healthy by revisiting (or discovering) the importance of routine health checks with an on-site biometric screening event.
When planning your biometrics programs, be sure to tailor your program testing selection to suit you and your employees. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. Diabetes can increase the risk of heart disease in both and increase coronary heart disease risk in women even further.2 An estimated 12 million women aged 20 years and older have diabetes, and approximately 27 million have prediabetes, putting diabetes screening near the top of the list for maintaining health and longevity.3
Labcorp offers a variety of biometric programs to support your employees’ health tracking, including testing for specific metrics such as A1C (diabetes) and/or core health metrics such as a comprehensive health panel, BMI, waist, height, weight and blood pressure. In addition, Labcorp also provides gaps in care programs to support conditions such as diabetes, colorectal cancer and chronic kidney disease.
Promoting Health Screening Accessibility
With the hybrid workforce models of today, accessibility will also be key to a successful screening program. You can help your employees stay on top of their routine healthcare, wherever they are. Labcorp’s team of experts can help you provide an on-site screening event or easy at-home testing with Labcorp OnDemand sample collection kits. And with nearly 2,000 Labcorp locations across the nation, we're ready and available to help you and your employees make way for better health by providing access to those options, along with the information and expertise to help you explore and take advantage of them.
Contact us to learn more about our employer health and wellness services, including biometric screenings.
Download these routine health checklists to share with your employees:
|Women ages 40+|
- Delayed Care With Harmful Health Consequences—Reported Experiences From National Surveys During Coronavirus Disease 2019. JAMA Health Forum. Published December 14, 2020. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama-health-forum/fullarticle/2774358
- How Heart Disease Is Different for Women. May Clinic. May Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Published January 9, 2019. www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/in-depth/heart-disease/art-20046167.
- Women at Risk for Diabetes: Physical Activity, Healthy Eating, and Weight Loss. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.