With more than 25 years of experience, LabCorp is a trusted DNA testing laboratory for paternity testing.
|LabCorp is pleased to be the first national DNA laboratory to offer a 21-marker genetic analysis in combination with our standard double-blind process on every paternity sample in every paternity case. For details, please call 800-742-3944. To learn more, download the LabCorp 21-marker genetic analysis press release (PDF).
The experience and expertise of LabCorp’s DNA Identification Testing division in the paternity testing industry provides clients with choices of enhanced and expanded services, including:
- The ability to perform noninvasive sample collection (buccal swabs) on all parties and exclude, on average, more than 99.999% of non-fathers.
- A nationwide network of more than 1500 company-operated sample collection sites, many of which are available for DNA collections. When additional coverage is needed, LabCorp can coordinate specimen collection services with third-party facilities.
- Sophisticated specimen logistics operations for secure, timely sample transportation.
- A dedicated IT staff to support electronic delivery of case information and results.
- DNA test results on standard paternity cases are usually available within 5 business days after the last sample in each case is received by the laboratory.
A paternity test is generally used to determine whether a man could be the biological father of a child. As a pioneer in introducing polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing as a basis for establishing paternity, LabCorp’s scientific experts and DNA testing methodology will help you confidentially establish biological relatedness.
At LabCorp, we are committed to quality testing and the highest standards–that is why we only perform DNA paternity tests in a manner and under circumstances allowing the results to be used in courts of law, unlike home paternity tests.
LabCorp’s legal DNA tests are highly accurate, excluding, on average, more than 99.999% of non-parents. DNA testing can also provide a high probability of paternity. LabCorp’s testing protocols are designed to resolve routine questions of disputed paternity as well as less common cases, such as:
- Absent mother
- Family studies
- Deceased parties
- Multiple alleged fathers who are related
- Twin zygosity
- Sibling testing
- Grandparent testing
- Family study/reconstruction (to determine paternity when a parent’s DNA is unavailable)
- Y chromosome testing
LabCorp performs testing on several different sample types. The most commonly used sample is the buccal swab. This type of sample is collected by swabbing the inside of the cheek (buccal cavity) with a sterile cotton swab. Blood samples also can be used for paternity or relationship testing.