LabCorp is a leading provider of histocompatibility (human leukocyte antigen, or HLA) testing for bone marrow, other transplant-related services, and disease association testing.
LabCorp performs testing for either HLA class I or HLA class II using highly robust molecular methods. LabCorp’s HLA testing is accredited by several agencies, including the American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI) and the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
LabCorp is a contract lab for the National Marrow Donor Program. For more information about the National Marrow Donor Program and becoming a bone marrow donor, go to www.marrow.org.
- More than 20 years of HLA testing experience
- More than 2 million individuals typed for HLA class I and HLA class II antigens
- Board-certified PhD scientists assist with the interpretation of results and recommend followup testing as needed
- Highly qualified laboratory technicians dedicated to all aspects of HLA testing
Quality and Reliability
- Advanced polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technologies permit superior resolution of class I and class II alleles
- Extensive quality control protocols exceed industry standards
- Transplant-level testing performed using double-blind procedures
- American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI) accreditation
- Assistance available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern time
- Collection kits provided for client convenience at LabCorp’s nationwide network of specimen collection labs
- Result delivery/reporting tailored to meet clients’ individual needs
- Assistance with specimen collection from potential donors
- Customized services available upon request:
- Processing of nonstandard samples, ie, cultured cells, sorted cells, tissue samples, etc
- Assays targeting specific antigens or alleles according to customer requirements
- Reflex testing based on initial screening results.