LabCorp and its Specialty Testing Group, a fully integrated portfolio of specialty and esoteric testing laboratories.
Anti-Nuclear Ab (ANA) by IFA; Anti-Scl 70 Ab; Anti-RNA Polymerase III Ab; Anti-Centromere Ab; Anti-Th/To Ab; Anti-U1 RNP Ab; Anti-U3 RNP (Fibrillarin) Ab; and Anti-PM/Scl-100 Ab
14 - 21 days
Turnaround time is defined as the usual number of days from the date of pickup of a specimen for testing to when the result is released to the ordering provider. In some cases, additional time should be allowed for additional confirmatory or additional reflex tests. Testing schedules may vary.
1 mL (Note: This volume does not allow for repeat testing.)
Red-top tube or gel-barrier tube
Separate serum from cells within one hour of collection. Transfer to a plastic transport tube before shipping. To avoid delays in turnaround time when requesting multiple tests on frozen samples, please submit separate frozen specimens for each test requested.
Refrigerate or freeze.
Grossly hemolyzed; bacterial contamination; lipemic specimen; icteric specimen; non-serum specimen types
• Anti-U1 RNP Abs can be found in 2-14% of limited SSc and 5% of diffuse SSc. They are associated with isolated with pulmonary arterial hypertension, arthritis, and esophageal dysfunction.
• Anti-Th/To Abs are present in 2-6% of patients with limited SSC and are rarely found in diffuse SSc. They have specificity and are associated with isolated pulmonary arterial HTN, pulmonary fibrosis, and renal crisis.
• Anti-U3 RNP (Fibrillarin) Abs are highly specific for diffuse SSc with a sensitivity of 4-10%. They are associated with isolated arterial hypertension, myositis, renal and cardiac manifestations of SSc.
• Anti-PM/SCL Abs are found in 25% of Scleroderma/myositis overlap, 10% of idiopathic inflammatory myopathy and 2% of Scleroderma cutaneous changes and ILD.
• Anti-RNA Polymerase III Abs are useful in the diagnosis of SSc and for the identification of patients at risk for developing renal crisis, progressive skin thickening and cancer. The prevelance of IgG RNAP III antibodies is 20-35% in diffuse SSc and 9% in limited SSc.
This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by LabCorp. It has not been cleared or approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
See individual test components.
© 2020 Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings and Lexi-Comp Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The LOINC® codes are copyright © 1994-2020, Regenstrief Institute, Inc. and the Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) Committee. Permission is granted in perpetuity, without payment of license fees or royalties, to use, copy, or distribute the LOINC® codes for any commercial or non-commercial purpose, subject to the terms under the license agreement found at https://loinc.org/license/. Additional information regarding LOINC® codes can be found at LOINC.org, including the LOINC Manual, which can be downloaded at LOINC.org/downloads/files/LOINCManual.pdf