Login to order tests for your patients. If you do not have an account, contact sales to get started.
Empower Change | Address the Opioid Crisis
LabCorp is the exclusive national laboratory integrated within The Recovery Platform♦, allowing for seamless access to LabCorp’s medication-assisted treatment (MAT) monitoring services. The combination of LabCorp’s testing and The Recovery Platform’s software supports compliance with medication-assisted treatment, and helps patients stay on track with their recovery.
The Recovery Platform software is a digital electronic health record plug-in designed to monitor the progress of opioid-use disorder (OUD) recovery through a patient compliance dashboard and integrated digital capabilities. It includes key features to help physicians adhere to Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) requirements* in order to continue prescribing Suboxone® as part of MAT for opioid use disorder.
As a Full Service Laboratory for Suboxone® providers, LabCorp provides exceptional customer service, patient care, and consultative technical expertise:
- Extensive managed care network
- Technical support hotline
- Comprehensive test menu, including
- Suboxone® medication assisted treatment test options
- LabCorp MedWatch® test options for monitoring patients who are prescribed controlled substances including opioids, antianxiety medications, antidepressants, hypnotics, muscle relaxants, and stimulants.
- Comorbidity and core clinical testing
The Opioid Crisis and Medication-Assisted Treatment
The U.S. is in the middle of an unprecedented opioid crisis. According to the government, 2.1 million1 people dealt with an opioid dependency in 2016, while only 374,0002 sought treatment. Although new laws aim to reduce the quantity of opioids prescribed, there is a significant need to empower more physicians with the ability to provide medication-assisted treatment in order to improve outcomes for opioid-dependent patients.
Medication-assisted treatment combines prescribed medications such as buprenorphine or methadone with comprehensive therapy and support to help address issues related to opioid dependence. Scientific research and clinical practice have shown the value of continued care to help patients achieve and maintain recovery.2
- Controlled Substance Database Check – automated reporting for state prescription drug monitoring databases
- Randomized Lab Testing* – automated random urine drug testing with patient notification and completion status
- Integrated Lab Results – review of LabCorp results in patient care plan
- Counseling Capability* – option to refer patients to a counselor network
- Digital Notes – tracking for office & counseling visits
- Virtual Visit Capability – patient care from the privacy and convenience of home
- Compliance Dashboard – virtual display of patient progress in maintaining recovery
- National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services. Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the United States: Results from the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health. September 2017.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Results from the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Detailed Tables. Table 5.28A, p1274.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition). National Institute on Drug Abuse. Last Updated January 2018. Retrieved from https://www.drugabuse.gov
♦Physicians will have a separate service agreement with The Recovery Platform
*Note: in order to maintain a Suboxone/buprenorphine waiver, physicians must meet SAMHSA requirements including randomized urine drug testing1 and the capability to refer patients to counseling2.