LabCorp strives to provide its hospital clients with the most up-to-date information for all of their diagnostic testing needs.
LabCorp Hospitals and Health Systems
Helping health systems advance patient care, bend the care cost curve, and ignite growth potential
The mission of LabCorp’s Hospitals and Health Systems group is to improve health and improve lives by delivering high-quality diagnostic insights, bringing innovative medicines to patients faster, and developing technology-enabled solutions to change the way care is provided.
LabCorp has more than 1,800 hospital clients and 200 plus health system partnerships, some have been in existence for over 30 years. All of our solutions are health system driven by our consultative approach, we seek to understand system challenges and work with you to customize, plan and deliver value solutions that fit your system needs.
We are not just a lab. We are the world’s leading healthcare diagnostics company with unmatched expertise in laboratory science, specialty testing, laboratory operations, drug development, data facilitation, and diagnostic insight services.
In world of rising costs and falling budgets, a relationship with LabCorp can enhance your hospital’s current services, while at the same time establishing your hospital lab as a community-based, low-cost provider.
LabCorp’s health analytics tools can deliver actionable data to manage overall cost of care across the health care continuum (comprehensive or adjunctive):
- Combine lab, Rx, and clinical data to find patient outliers, and undiagnosed chronic conditions (certified as an approved tool for clinical integration network status)
- Drive care coordination across providers
- Aggregate, transform, map, and cleanse data from multiple systems/sources
- Provide post-adjudicated results data to enhance patient population analysis
- Healthcare business intelligence across hospital, physician practice and ACO s
- Robust rules engine and 600+ clinical quality measures electronic payor reporting) Compliance to Meaningful Use requirements (EP & EH) and to ACO, JCAHO and PQRS
- Provide prospective risk scoring and care management with population, payor and risk stratification
- Recognize care gaps early for intervention in care (population and individual level)
- Clinical messaging, dashboards, alerts, and action lists detailing care delivery, cost of care and patient outcomes
- Consolidate, aggregate and normalize disparate systems data into actionable insights
- Achieve certification for clinical integration network status
- Facilitate health system integration with ambulatory physician office laboratories and clinics with LIS solutions
- Reporting metrics to compliment health system initiatives
- As lab facilities are standardized, LabCorp can provide innovative clinical tools to engage and align physicians, support management programs, & standardize care, regardless of testing location
- Reduced front end specimen errors with LabCorp’s AccuDRAW technology
- Specimen barcode tracking systems for accurate and efficient specimen identification
- Specimen integrity systems for specimen quality assurance
- HEDIS quality reporting
- Customizable and accessible reports
- Clinical and Anatomic Pathology scorecards
- Specimen quality summaries, trending, utilization and service reports
- Standardized testing and quality programs
- Broad and deep specialty testing menu
- 4,500 tests available with the industry’s broadest range of clinical anatomic pathology, genetic and genomic testing services
- Full-service capabilities in all testing categories and disease states
- Perform over 99% of testing in-house
- Chronic Kidney Disease Program to help diagnose and treat CKD early
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment – a report that combines lab results with evidence-based parameters to improve management of cardiovascular risk
- Clinical trial expanded access
- Mental health screening
- Home testing
Leverage assets of the world’s leading diagnostics company:
- Purchasing power for lower lab costs across the continuum of care
- More than 1,700 patient service centers
- Information technologies with vast data integration and information facilitation experience
- Laboratory infrastructure developed for optimal quality, TAT and efficiency
- Logistics network
Unified decision support platform
- Evidence based medicine test ordering
- Sophisticated tools combine evidence & lab results to suggest follow-up actions and find undiagnosed patients
- Decision Support at point of order to reduce unnecessary testing
- Eliminate waste and cost redundancies
- Identify test utilization patterns for optimal care quality and efficiency
- Reduce readmissions with diagnostic testing and alerts
- Avoid high cost of care with analytical insights
- Reduce health system IT staff resource requirements
- Increase speed of diagnostic insights with integration facilitation
- Interfacing solutions with more than 700 vendors
- Custom built laboratory automation
- Test Menu Analysis
- Automated technologies to eliminate human error and lower cost
- Comprehensive performance metrics and benchmarking
- Guideline based content to aid in the selection of appropriate testing services
- Decision support tools that guide lab and test selection
- Clinical & administrative rules engine supporting claim adjudication process
- Integration to test ordering systems
Electronic Data Interface
LabCorp stands ready to actively work with your software vendor and staff to implement or enhance electronic connectivity between your facility and LabCorp.
- LabCorp has bidirectional interfaces installed nationwide utilizing more than 700 EMR, PMS, and LIS software vendors.
- LabCorp has a dedicated team of skilled programmers, project managers, and support personnel to define, develop, and implement your interface solution.
- LabCorp is committed to industry and regulatory standards for data transmission, including HL7, LOINC®, and ASTM.
LabCorp’s connectivity options provide flexibility and range from easy-to-use, web-based applications to sophisticated integration.
LabCorp offers numerous reports to help ensure its hospital clients can offer a high level of quality and service. Hospital clients can log in to their LabCorp account using the links below. If you wish to learn more about these reports and how you can benefit, one of our representatives will be happy to assist.